World of Warcraft Classic Beta and Launch on August 27!
It happens what we all have been waiting for years! On May 15th Blizzard announced WoW Classic date launch. Everything goes back to square one on August 27th!
From May to July some of players will get invitation to join WoW Classic Beta. Everyone playing can report minor bugs if they come across any. It will help developers to fix and polish mechanics and gameplay.
You can sign up for WoW Classic Beta on “Beta Profile Page” in the account manager and get your invitation.
Requirements to apply:
– Active subscription or Active Game-Time on Battle.net account
– Extra term is how long a player has been subscribed to the game
Invitations are not being sent in the order of submitting application. Blizzard is considering several random features such as accounts’ activity and existing time. If you are eligible for Beta, you get an email with instructions on how to install the client and provide feedback. The number of new invitations is decreasing as there is necessary number of players being recruited.
Beta started with level 30 cap, now it has increased to level 40. The price of respec is diminished by 99% only for the test. This month Arathi Basin became available.
As an option, you can always watch WoW Classic Beta players on Streaming platforms.
Create your character
Character creation opens on Tuesday August 13th. Good chance to reserve your desired character names. Possible to create up to three characters per account.
Known account limits:
- Ten characters per realm
- Maximum fifty characters on all five realms for your region
- Only one faction per realm on PvP realms
WoW Classic features:
– WoW Classic is going to be free as long as you have active subscription, its price is $15 a month.
– There is a new opportunity to report player’s offence. Just click the player icon and select the point in a pull-down menu. Developers introduce it to create friendly gaming atmosphere.
– No WoW tokens. Gold currency keeps its value.
– New WoW Classic Armory starting right after the launch.
– Developers do not plan to integrate custom services as appearance change, character transfer etc for now. They do not exclude it in the future though.
– There is no item shop (pets, mounts and others).
– Cross-realm battlegrounds, authentic to 1.12 Patch
– WoWHead announced Classic database localized for many languages.
– Though WoW Classic starting with 1.12 Patch, there are six phases of progress for PVP and PVE content.
Phase 1 (At Launch): Molten Core, Onyxia, Maraudon + World PVP
Phase 2: Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak + Honor System with rank rewards
Phase 3: Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire + Alterac Valley/Warsong Gulch Battlegrounds
Phase 4: Zul’Gurub, Green Dragons + Arathi Basin Battleground
Phase 5: Ahn’Qiraj War Effort, Ahn’Qiraj raids opening
Phase 6: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion + World PVP events in Silithus/Eastern Plaguelands